Monday, April 16, 2007

steinbeck-i love his books...

"people are not crazy, they are simply ones that God has not finished." Steinbeck

I love this quote... it paints a beautiful picture! Usually the ones that society demeans and consider crazy are the most talented. THey paint elaborate stories on canvas, and draw the best of pictures on paper. they write the novels that you can't seem to take your eyes off of and many more great things!

and another great one

"After the bare requistites of living and reproducing, man wants most to leave some record of himself, a proof, perhaps that he really extists. He leaves his proof on wood, on stone or on the lives of other people." steinbeck

I believe this desire lives deep and exists in everyone...it does in me... why else would i try and write the best song, the catchiest tune.. and do retarded things... haha.. I want to be remembered.. I want to leave my mark on people...
Praise Jesus.. He left his mark on me... and His saving grace rescued me from myself! He left his mark on wood, and stone.. and in hearts or sooo many people.. i love him.. woot

1 comment:

milo said...

An interesting blog - it's something I've thought about from time to time. I admit that I may change my mind, but at the moment I don't think I agree with the author.

People, in my opinion, have an ever growing need to create. And that creation can take many forms - painters, writers, designers, engineers, bloggers, etc. But I don't think the need to create is an effort to leave a record of oneself, that's just a side affect. Rather, it's an effort to please self.

It pleases us to please other people, so we try to do that. Sadly, I believe that most charity is done in an effort to please self, rather than the object of our charity - and we want others to see our charity, because they'll like us more - which will make us more happy.

But every once in a while, we lowly humans do something simply because we love God ... and those are the moments that are truely beautiful ... the moments that no one see's but God.

regarding the first quote ... way make yourself feel better by saying crazy people are something other than crazy ... just look yourself in the mirror and accept your insanity ... i have (accepted your insanity)

ps ... Before you stage your defense, I know full well that there are many examples of people "trying to leave a mark on the world" - which is why you never find abandoned boys in China, only girls. Like I said, I'm still formulating my opinion :)